This Cable Hook Stopper is for the ATV and UTV Winch. It weighs 4 Oz. It is 2 5/8 inches wide and 1 3/4 inches thick. It also comes with the new cable lock. This KFI Cable Hook Stopper will fit between the two outside rollers on an ATV or UTV winch fairlead. It also works great with the synthetic rope and or the slot fairlead.
Reasons to purchase a Cable Hook Stopper :
Note: Wear leather gloves.
1) Freespool winch and pull out approx 2 feet of cable.
2) Pull Hairpin and release clevis pin from winch hook.
3) Safely Pull your winch line loop through the hole in the Hook Stopper, position mid-way down winch line.
4) Re-attach hook to cable end.
5) To stow hook, engage clutch and retract cable onto winch spool until hook is snug against the hook stopper and fairlead.
6) Position hook stopper at approx 3/4 of the total line distance towards hook while using you winch.
Note: If your cable is equipped with a cable eye support (thimble) you will need to freespool the cable off the spool to thred the Winch Saver from the starting end of the cable. Take this opportunity to inspect your cable for damage like kinking, fraying or flatting. If the cable is fine then respool the cable back on tight and even, no slack.